Monday, November 24, 2014

Focus: Gratitude



Inner Smile

As we approach Thanksgiving, I find myself drawn into a practice of gratitude with my Tai Chi and Qigong. The universe had given me many blessings, but one of the greatest had been the opportunity to share the healing practices of Qigong and Tai Chi.

One of my favorite gratitude practices is the Inner Smile. It is a meditation that can be done seated, standing or with movements that resonate with you.  Michael Winn shared this with me at a summer retreat. After connecting with heaven and earth using the three intentions, think about something in your life that you are truly grateful for - past or present. Feel the beautiful warmth from that feeling of gratitude and notice the gentle smile that emerges; that is the Inner Smile. Then, begin to move that sensation of the Inner Smile around your body. I like to begin with the organs. As you come to an organ, imagine smiling at the organ, accepting it as it is, thanking it for it's service to your body, and imagine the smile embracing it like a hug. Then, you can move on to another organ, you can thank anything is your body - bones, skin, eyes, voice, etc. . Just have fun embracing yourself with the gratitude of the Inner Smile.

I want to thank all my students and facilities that participate in Qigong and Tai Chi with me. I am so grateful for your support that allows me to share these wonderful practices.

Have a wonderful holiday season filed with gratitude.

Namate,

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment